Tuesday, February 21, 2012

First

The first blog post I'd written for this here personal page was an unoriginal commentary regarding the evolution of the blogger.com interface and how much things have changed since I first signed up, some many years back. I might not have submitted the post; the content value was pretty negligible.

That's what I should have named this blog, "negligible content". Really rolls of the tongue doesn't it? And appropriate too. I don't think of myself as a blogger type of person, because I often feel like my role in the blogosphere is a content-consumer, not a content-producer. I don't think I could write a blog so well that I'd subscribe to it personally.

When I read what I've written, I feel like I'm looking at mostly inane, insipid, uninspired drivel. {Except that sentence, I'm proud of that one. ;-) } Mostly because I don't learn anything, I don't have anything interesting to say, and I'm self conscious regarding the craftsmanship of the work. Some people think I write well (myself among them); but then that creates a standard I have to live up to, and presents an impediment to the under-edted stream-of-consciousness crap that is most easily spewed forth upon these hallowed word transmitter things.

And yet some people have so many words bottled up inside them that they have to write whole books to get them out! I'm looking at you Andy Gavin and Jake Simpson. I promise I'll read them sometime, too, just as soon as my printer finishes the batch.

So the question is, do I really have nothing to say? That seems a bit of a stretch, I'm classified a full-on Type Alpha Opinion Over-sharer, (TAOO?) and I really do take advantage of every opportunity to discourse on a plethora of topics, in a various levels of depth. But mostly the shallow end. So I should be able to write stuff out like this. And the ridiculous run on sentences, maybe if I stick with this thing for awhile I'll get a handle on those.

It's interesting sometimes how thoughts and language intermingle, but are not the same. When I listen to the things I say, sometimes I'm flabbergasted by awkwardness of it all; bizarre word choices, run on sentence soup, and gaps where I have to search for the word best matching the concept so simple in my mind's eye, but hesitant and stumbling to the tongue. When I'm speaking in that gear, it's not always fun for the counter party. Although my high school friends were very dear to me, because I when I did happen to wax non sequitur they kept up admirably. Props to them, wherever they are now.

Really spell checking interface? non sequitur is too hard for you? I admit I had to look it up too, since you flagged, but I'm pretty sure at present we are legit in this usage. I interpret your red squiggliness as tacit disapproval, which by the way I thrive upon, and so there..

Being so introspective on this first post, I guess that gives my a blogging purpose, to up my written language skills, keep involved with things I'm interested in, and spend some time productively. Actually, there are few things I can imagine less productive than writing blog entries; playing video games and Facebook spring to mind, that's about it. And of course, a Facebook game is the double whammy of unproductivity, but that's a topic worth exploring in subsequent post.

Speaking of future posts, I will need to sheath this, my diary voice. It's wholly unprofessional and not indicative of what I'm about. Which is pure professionalism, yeah baby, that's my thign. I have some other thoughts to share, prepared not inline, but offline, well, technically online, but not in this editor. Sideline? Okay sold, we'll take it, prepared sideline. In a more appropos voice to be sure.

Oh for crying out loud, spell checker. Now I blew your mind with appropos? How many bytes did they give you to work with, I thought you had the whole internet at your disposal??

I'm sad for you
Michael out.



No comments: